M & A Advisor
Since 2005 Dan has been the #1 producer in Sunbelt’s Midwest region (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Chicago). He has transacted over $300 million of business sales and purchases over his career. Dan leverages Sunbelt’s 200 worldwide offices to locate local, national and international buyers able to maximize each clients’ net after-tax cash from sale.
Dan is a CPA (inactive) with an accounting degree from St. John’s University in Minnesota and an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. His twenty years of corporate experience as COO and CFO at middle market companies, as controller of an $800 million division of a Fortune 100, and years in public accounting underpin an in-depth understanding of markets, business models, profitability drivers and how to position his client’s sale for maximum economic gain.
Dan’s analytic approach and straight talk enables confidential, candid discussions with qualified buyers. A hands-on, best-practices process confidentially moves the complex sale process to closing while maximizing the Seller’s cash and minimizing risk.
Dan’s employment with public companies and multiple Board seats at privately-held businesses provides in-depth insight into how Buyers target acquisitions, their internal approval processes and acceptable transaction structures. Buyers appreciate his ability to provide them what they want: relevant information delivered in a timely manner combined with market-based expectations.
Recent Sunbelt transactions include:
- Represented Appert’s Foodservice in its sale to Sysco READ MORE
- Represented H&H Lumber in its sale to BlackEagle Partners, owners of Lyman Lumber READ MORE
- Represented Dero Bike Rack Company in its sale to PlayCore READ MORE
- Represented TC Services in its sale to Hisco READ MORE
- Represented K&M Manufacturing in its sale to Great Northern Equipment READ MORE
- Represented Energy Solutions International in its sale to Prospect Partners READ MORE
- Represented Aero-Colours in its sale to Meineke READ MORE
- Represented Market Line Research in its sale to InTouch Survey Systems READ MORE
- Represented Premier Industries in its sale to Midwest Erosion Services
- Represented It’s Just Lunch’s Twin Cities’ franchisee in its sale to a local investment group
- Represented Waymar Industries in its sale of a non-strategic division to a group of high net worth individuals
- Represented Signature Bank in its sale of a chain of coin-operated laundries and related real estate to August Ventures
- Represented MicroPure Filtration in its sale to Met-Chem
- Represented Manomin Resawn Timbers in its sale to a high net worth individual